Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I am Second creators inspire Newsboys for final song on 'God's Not Dead' album

Track proclaims God is first, reunites DCTalk's Tait and Max

By Dan Wooding
Founder of ASSIST Ministries

Creators of I am Second, a website featuring video testimonies of personal struggle, transformation and hope of celebrities and everyday people, are said to be "teeming with excitement" that the Grammy-nominated and Dove Award-winning band Newsboys have included the song I am Second on their newest album God's Not Dead, released Nov. 15.

According to a news release from A Larry Ross Communications, Norm Miller, chairman of Interstate Battery and one of the founding visionaries behind I am Second, inspired Michael Tait and the rest of the band to write the lyrics of the I am Second song, which embody the I am Second movement with... I am second to One / Redeemer, The Way, The Light / I am Second to One / And He is Second to None.

Newsboys
"This I am Second song represents one more opportunity to share the vital message of what it means to be second to God," said John Humphrey, project manager for I am Second. "We are thrilled that Newsboys would choose to close out God's Not Dead with this track and hope their fans are impacted by the powerful truth the lyrics represent."

Labeled the edgiest cut on God's Not Dead, the I am Second song features former DCTalk member Kevin Max and is already receiving praise from reviewers.

"The highly energetic I Am Second, my No. 1 favorite off Newsboys' latest worship album, again features Kevin Max, speaking of how 'we are second to one,' Jesus Christ. I Am Second is a track that will have you playing the album all over again!" said reviewer Jay of JaysMusikBlog.com.

New Release Tuesday reviewer SarahFreak lauded, "The album finally comes to a close with the standout track I Am Second, which could very well be one of Newsboys best songs of their over two-decades-long career . While it's a masterpiece from a musical standpoint, the surrendered lyrics are what steal the show, making this a wholly abandoned way to end an outstanding record."



I am Second will be partnering with Newsboys on their 65-city tour, which begins in January, working with the band to provide pre- and post-concert outreach and follow-up in the regions they are performing.

For more information about Newboys' God's Not Dead, visit http://www.newsboys.com.
I am Second is designed to help individuals discover hope. The www.iamsecond.com website includes authentic film testimonies of "everyday" people and celebrities related to a variety of personal struggles, including abuse, addictions, pride, eating disorders, broken families and the search for success and meaning in life. Celebrities featured include 2010 American League MVP and Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton; former Korn band member Brian "Head" Welch; surfer Bethany Hamilton; and football stars Bradie James, Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford. 

Launched in Dallas-Fort Worth in December 2008, www.iamsecond.com quickly spread virally across the globe. To date, the website has seen more than 5.5 million visitors from 217 countries/regions who have viewed over 20 million pages and films on the site. The site has since officially launched in Orlando, Fla., Evansville, Ind., and Kansas City, Mo., with several other cities planned for the future. I am Second's newest initiative, the I am Second book, is slated to release from Thomas Nelson in January 2012. 

For more information about I am Second, visit http://www.iamsecond.com or contact Kristin Cole at (972) 267-1111 or by e-mail at: kristin@alarryross.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment